Friday, September 25, 2009

Aveyn update - 2 weeks

Aveyn had her two week appointment yesterday (9/24/09) and I wanted to update everyone on her latest stats and overall progress.

Weight: 7 lbs 9 oz (7 lbs 3 oz at birth)
Height: 20.5 inches (21 inches at birth - the nurse said the discrepancy was a result of the nurses at the hospital being in a hurry and therefore not being accurate in their measurement)
Head Circumference: 37.2 cm (34.3 cm at birth)

She is in the 50th percentile for height, 80th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for head circumference. The doctor wanted to know how much Aveyn was eating at every feeding and when we said 2.5-4 oz she was very impressed. It appears that Aveyn has a healthy appetite just like her brother. When we mentioned that she sleeps A LOT, the doctor's advice was to count our blessings as we were one of the lucky ones and that it was completely normal :) I asked if she were going to have colic if we would be seeing signs already and her response was absolutely so I think we are safe from the dreaded 'C' word! There are times when Aveyn sounds like she is having a really hard time breathing and it is very disconcerting. The doctor told us that it was probably related to an immature trachea and that she would outgrow it, but in the mean time we would just have to deal with the sounds. Everything looked great and the doctor even called her 'perfect'!

2 comments:

pammycakes said...

YEAH! Congrats! I am so happy for you!
I know you are busy being a new mom. But in the next few months will you help me put together new pictures for the homepage for pammycakes?

NO RUSH! Just if you have a moment.

Kristin said...

Beautiful family! I love the new header. I'm glad everything is going relatively well. I'm sure Cael is having quite the time adjusting too. I'm glad you have a lot of support since I can't be there to give it. Love you!