Monday, June 22, 2009

Surprise!

On Thursday evening my dad showed up to surprise me for my impending 30th birthday. The two of them had been planning it for a couple of months and I couldn't have been more thrilled! I wasn't sure when I was going to see him again so it was great that he was able to fly down for an extended weekend. Naturally we made the most of his visit and squeezed as much fun as possible into the three short days that he was here. Ryan and I took Friday afternoon off and the four of us went to the downtown Aquarium and got to see a lot (and I mean A LOT) of fish.

Ryan had a softball game on Friday evening so after picking up dinner at Burger King, we headed to the field. Luckily 'watching' Ryan play softball doesn't mean actually watching him for the full hour. I wouldn't mind sitting on the bleachers for that long, but I think a certain Mr. Cael might require a little more stimulation. Luckily for us there is a park nearby and Cael got to swing, go down the slides, play in the dirt, kick around a soccer ball (lent to us by a fellow park go-er) and play catch with Bapa and mommy.

Saturday we hung out around the house and then dad, Ryan and I headed out to a nice sushi dinner and Cael had fun with his favorite babysitter Angela. It was nice to have a grown up evening and to be able to talk to my dad and husband without having to keep one eye on my son (unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of our evening out)! On Sunday morning we headed to Cael's swimming lesson where he wowed Bapa with his prowess in the pool.
All in all it was a great visit. Thanks again to Ryan and dad for the surprise!! I have said it before and will say it again: you can surprise me anytime :) Love you both!

1 comments:

Kristin said...

That's awesome! I'm so glad you got something special for your birthday.

P.S. I love this: "you can surprise me anytime :)"! :o)