Monday, June 22, 2009

The Nursery

Ryan has been working diligently on the wainscoting, chair rail and crown molding for the nursery. He opted to put everything on the wall first and then paint with a sprayer once it had been hung. Both of us were a little apprehensive about painting on the wall, but he removed all the furniture and covered the room carefully with plastic and tape before he began. He finished applying the second coat on Saturday afternoon and it turned out AMAZING!!!! I am so proud of him. The crown molding gave him some trouble and he definitely got a little upset dealing with certain aspects (the corners), but it turned out perfectly!!! I am truly in awe of his talents. I can't wait to start decorating and watch it evolve from a simple room into a nursery fit for a princess!

*A special thanks to my mom for painting the walls for us while she was in town over Mother's Day!!! She also painted Cael's room and always does a FANTASTIC job :)

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Looks awesome!!!

Kristin said...

I'm excited for you... it looks fabulous!

Kyli said...

Wow Jor I'm so excited to see it with furniture in there!! It looks great! Woohoo for handy husbands!!

Edwards trio said...

kudos to ryan..it looks great!