Friday, February 27, 2009

Gender speculation

I went to the doctor's office yesterday to have some blood drawn and for an ultrasound. After the ultrasound tech finished her examination I asked her if there was any way she could determine the sex of the baby since I am only 12 weeks (when I was pregnant with Cael we had an ultrasound tech tell us we were having a boy at 12 weeks). She said she would be more than happy to take a look, but made me promise I would not rush out any buy anything based on her prediction. I happily complied and waited with bated breath as she began moving the wand over my stomach. Within approximately 10 seconds she announced she was fairly certain it was a girl. It was interesting because she didn't appear to base her assumption solely on genitalia, but mentioned that there was a distinct difference (although minute) between boys and girls at 12 weeks gestation and based on her experience, our baby looked like a girl. I have been convinced we are having a boy for the last couple of weeks so having this information will make the 20 week ultrasound that much more interesting. I have another ultrasound on April 2nd so stay tuned!!

5 comments:

Kyli said...

Okay, is there anyway you can call that tech and have her look at you sooner than the 2nd of April???? I can't wait that long!! LOL If I'm this excited to find out about my new niece/nephew, you have got to be sitting on pins and needles!! Hang in there! Love you!!

Kristin said...

Tee hee... SO exciting! I can't wait to find out for sure. Have you started on names yet?

Edwards trio said...

How exciting. Either way is so fun..boy Cael has a buddy..girl you get to buy girl stuff. Congrats hope you're feeling better and getting your energy back.

Rosanne said...

EXCITING...can't wait to hear for sure. But that's fun you got a "sneak peak!"

Anonymous said...

Yippee!! I love buying little girl clothes. Even if it's a boy, can I still buy him pink? :)