Thursday, July 29, 2010

Dam Dog

Bodie has medical issues that cause him to leak urine. We are working on a solution with the lab rescue and all I can hope for is that it is an easy fix that won't cost us (or the rescue) a lot of money. I love this dog (both of us do), but I am about at my wits end with the pee. One on hand I want to cry because I don't want to get rid of him, but on the other hand I AM SICK OF THE CLEANING AND THE URINE AND THE FRETTING AND WONDERING. It makes me feel gross and it makes me feel like an awful {dog} parent because I choose my kids over him and I can't have them crawling around on carpet that is tainted with urine. We have an ultrasound tomorrow {the rescue is paying for} that will hopefully give us some more information because right now he is getting WORSE not BETTER :( He is the sweetest dog and such a lover, but I am not sure how much more I can handle. I am making myself sick over this and keep wondering {in the whole scheme of things} what we are supposed to do in this situation?!?!?!?

1 comments:

Kristin said...

My heart goes out to you. I can only imagine how hard that would be. I'm so sorry! What you are supposed to do is what is best for your family. You gather as much information you can and make a decision, then go forward with that decision without looking back. Second guessing yourself only causes more angst (I know... I'm really good at it) and doesn't improve anything. Good luck! I'm aching for you.