My sister in law (Stefani) was born to be an aunt (among other things). She loves her nieces and nephews with all of her heart and never misses an opportunity to let them know just how much she cares (to the moon and back)! She sends cards for every holiday and I mean EVERY holiday and also sends thoughtful gifts because she wants Cael and Aveyn to know that even though she can't see or hold them as often as she wants that she is always thinking about them.
St. Patrick's Day was no exception and even though I have been married to Ryan for 6 years and have known him for almost 10, I still find myself constantly amazed at the generosity and complete acceptance of his family. On Saturday morning when we opened the box from Stefani I was shocked for no other reason than I was amazed that she was able to not only remember to send a card, but to also include such perfect gifts. Her thoughtfulness continues to surprise me when it comes to the 'little things'. In the box was a bag for Cael and a bag for Aveyn that each contained a personalized book and stuffed animal that gave us instructions on how to name a star. Cael was so excited about his new book and his new stuffed animal and immediately sat down to 'read'. Ryan actually said 'say thank you aunt Stefani' and Cael said it so perfectly that we had to try and capture it on camera. It comes off a little more prompted than it was initially, but I think you get the idea. Aveyn loves hers too, but is just a little too young to communicate how she feels (give her a few months)!
Thank you Aunt Steffi!! You have nothing to worry about; gifts or not, your niece and nephew will ALWAYS know who you are, how much you love them and what a HUGE contribution you are in their lives...... regardless of where you live or how much time passes before you see them again!

Thursday, March 18, 2010
Thank you Aunt Steffi
Posted by Jori at 3/18/2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Wow! That is SO sweet! And way cute stuff. The video was not available, but I'm sure Cael is as adorable as ever. Things like this always make me reflect on the kind of aunt I am and I always come up short (and will continue too). Steffi clearly has a gift and shares it well. Enjoy her!
Post a Comment