As is customary this time of year, the daycare hosted 'Cocoa and Cookies' with Santa and this time I actually remembered to bring my camera. Last year Cael was hesitant, but didn't shed a single tear when placed on the lap of the jolly man in red. However, this year was a little different. One minute he wanted to see Santa and the next, when asked if he was ready, would shake his head and cling to anyone in the immediate vicinity. When it was his turn, he willingly walked up to Santa, but the minute the big man pulled him onto his lap and wrapped his arms around him and I stepped away to take pictures, he started crying for Mommy. I calmed him down enough to snap a couple of pictures, but he wasn't enjoying himself. Overall he handled the whole experience really well considering how traumatic it can be for kids. Aveyn, on the other hand, was a champ and was content to just lay there as I dealt with her brother and took as many pictures as I could. I do think she got a little offended when Santa kept referring to her as a 'he' rather than a 'she', but she handled herself like a true lady and let Mommy figure out a way to correct him!
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
too funny. My Mantha (3 yrs old) was a little afraid this year too. She got close enough for a photo, but that was it. Cute, cute!
Post a Comment