It took us longer than we had anticipated, but the kids were baptized on December 20, 2009 at St. John's Church on the campus of Creighton University. We opted to do it in Omaha since that is where the majority of our family lives. Not to mention it was in December so there were even more people present; Nana and Grandpa and Aunt Stefani (people that were visiting for Christmas and wouldn't have normally been able to make it). In addition, my dad made a special trip for the ceremony. Cael and Aveyn were so well behaved that even the priest commented on how good they were. He mentioned that one of his concerns was handling a two year old, but he was impressed with how well Cael behaved. I have to admit that I had my concerns, but they were perfect little angels. It was wonderful event and just perfect that so many people could be there to witness this wonderful journey. I had a hard time keeping a handle on my emotions (and if it hadn't been for the fact that I was a nervous wreck, I probably would have been a bawling, emotional wreck).
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Baptism - December 20, 2009
Afterwards, we all converged at my mom's house for a late lunch. Ed and Barb weren't able to make it because of an unexpected trip to the hospital, but were able to meet us later and it was absolutely wonderful to have everyone together (my dad had to catch a flight back to Florida, but his attendance meant so much to Ryan and I) to celebrate such a monumental time in our lives and the lives of our children.
**A special thanks to Kyli and Chris for accepting our request to be godparents, to Tim for remembering to take pictures and to mom and Nana for picking out the perfect baptismal outfits!!!
Posted by Jori at 12/24/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
The kids look great in their outfits. It must have been so nice to have so much of your family there!
Hey Jori!! Of course I remember you! What a fun surprise. I think Anita is my most faithful reader. She updates Jake when I update the blog!
It doesn't seem like it has been that long, but here you are with two kids, now! Wow. Time does go fast! Looks like the baptism was a lovely day. Congrats!
You are so beautiful and wonderful, Jori! I'm glad to hear from you, and even more thrilled that you have 2 kiddos now! Double wow! Isn't it the BEST!? I hope all is well in Colorado. It seems like just yesterday that you were in Utah working with Erik and living in that pretty, cottage-like home in Draper. I miss our days at Dale's Ranch in Wendover. Good memories! Do you still ride bikes with your hubby? Time flies!
Take care! Keep in touch!
By the way, that last comment was made by Andrea (sorry, I didn't realize I, Andrea, am logged in as my husband, Erik.) Oooops. That would've been awkward.
Post a Comment