Again, I have really not been in the mood to blog lately, but Cael is doing so many cute things that I feel compelled to post about them even if I don't have any pictures.
'Uh oh': About a month ago, I was taking a shower and Cael was playing at my feet when he accidentally knocked one of the bottles onto the floor. He seemed to say something and at first I didn't think anything of it, but after he said it a couple of times I finally figured out he was saying 'uh oh'. Now it is one of his favorite things to say and he says it ALL the time even if there really isn't an 'uh oh' to speak of. I absolutely love it when I knock something over or drop something and he will say 'uh oh' as if to acknowledge that Mommy makes mistakes too. HILARIOUS!! It really is too cute for words.
DVD player: We have a DVD player in the Veracruz and on our recent trip to Winter Park Cael watched a Baby Einstein video the entire way up the mountain. I wasn't sure if it really helped him on the 2 hour ride, but all I know is he was quiet and seemed entertained. Imagine my surprise when we were driving home from work/daycare and Cael pointed at the DVD player and signaled that he wanted me to play a video (not using sign language, but in such a way that I knew what he wanted). I don't know why, but I thought it was great. I guess it makes me feel like he is finally turning into a little boy as opposed to a baby (and I suppose there is a part of me that hopes the DVD player or TV will provide Ryan and I with a bit of much needed relief). Either way, too cute and now we can use the DVD player and TV as another tool to teach Cael about many different things (colors, words, animals, etc).
Pregnancy: I know I originally mentioned that this pregnancy seemed relatively easy. However, having posted that several weeks ago, I now feel like this pregnancy is harder than Cael's both mentally and emotionally, but I am not sure if having a 15 month old to contend with makes a difference. I feel more crazy (like my emotions have a mind of their own) and I feel like I am more nauseous this time around. Regardless, I am feeling confident as I round out my first trimester that things will start looking up (at least in the nauseous department) and I CANNOT wait (neither can Ryan for that matter)!!!!! Everything looks great so far in terms of measurements, activity, heartbeat, etc. I actually feel more calm with this pregnancy than I did when I was pregnant with Cael in terms of worrying about what I am eating, the genetic testing, etc. I am more at peace and trust me when I say that is a very good thing!
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Little things
Posted by Jori at 3/05/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Yay for the little things!
Post a Comment